Teeth Cleaning Cost
To have a healthy oral cavity, you should brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. This will help remove plaque, a sticky film of bacteria that forms on your teeth.
Plaque, if left on tooth surface for a long time, can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. Along with proper brushing technique, routine flossing of teeth, gargling mouthwash at least once a day, professional teeth cleaning should be done at least once a year.
Teeth cleaning cost in Sydney:
For dental cleaning cost at our Sydney locations, we currently have a “Website Special”.
- No-Gap New Patient Special
This is priced at $199 for those without dental health insurance. This package includes a comprehensive oral examination, teeth scaling or cleaning, and teeth radiographs.
- Return Patient Special
Dental check up and clean cost at $188. This includes comprehensive oral examination, consultation, and teeth scaling or cleaning. This package can be availed by our existing patients with a designated dental hygienist.
Regular teeth cleaning is a procedure that includes removal of materia alba, heavy plaque, or calcifications using a dental scaler or ultrasonic scaler. After the dentist cleans the teeth, they are then polished and applied with fluoride. Regular tooth brushing and professional teeth cleaning (dental oral prophylaxis) are very crucial in maintaining one’s good oral health.
For those cases which require a more intensive removal of tartar or plaque that settled below the gum line, deep cleaning should be done instead of the regular one. In these cases, there is a high probability that gums which surround the teeth with heavy deposits are inflamed and irritated.
Deep teeth cleaning cost:
- This procedure requires prior consultation before proceeding. A comprehensive exam shall be done to determine which and how many teeth need deep cleaning.
- Deep teeth cleaning is priced at $85 per tooth. The total amount of deep cleaning procedure will depend on the number of teeth and gum area affected.
These are the benefits of teeth cleaning:
- Maintains fresh breath: Dentist’s teeth cleaning can remove bacteria and food particles that cause bad breath.
- Prevents cavities: Plaque and tartar buildup, if left on a tooth surface for a long time, can lead to tooth decay and caries.
- Prevents gum disease: Teeth cleaning will remove plaque around the teeth which can cause gum irritation and swelling.
- Can detect dental problems: During teeth cleaning, the dentist or hygienist can detect early signs of dental problems, such as cavities, gum disease, or oral cancer.
- Maintains overall health: Poor oral health has been linked to several health problems, including diabetes, stroke, and heart disease. Regular teeth cleaning can help maintain overall health.
In summary, regular dental cleaning is essential for maintaining good oral health. By brushing at least twice a day, flossing daily, using mouthwash, and seeing your dentist regularly, you can help prevent dental problems and keep your smile healthy and bright. Call or e-mail us for enquiries including teeth cleaning price.